Thursday, August 7, 2014

Faith Baptist Members of Centershot Missions Team


Here are the Bio's that each of us were asked to create to help introduce ourselves to the rest of our Centershot Missions Team.  I thought they would be a good way to share a little about who we are with all of you!

Rick Denzin
My name is Rick Denzin. My wife Lydine and I have been married for almost 26 years and have two great kids. The oldest, our son , just got married this past February and our daughter just graduated from three years of bible college this past spring. We live on the family farm near Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I currently work as a corrugated press operator making cardboard boxes.
One of our favorite family activities is shooting pizza boxes out of the air with our Genesis bow and flu flu arrows. I enjoy all kinds of shooting sports especially archery and bowhunting. I'm extremely excited about this trip and can't wait to see what our awesome God will do while we are in South Africa. God is teaching me to be a more confident traveler so I need to stay focused on him during this trip. A couple little known facts about me are I have an artistic side and enjoy doing stained glass work and I used to have more than 150 rabbits. I can't wait to meet you all and work with you to reach others for Christ. See you soon, Rick


Ardon Rosom
My name is Ardon Rosom and I work for the Govt of Saskatchewan in the IT department. I hope that doesn’t classify me a geek! My wife’s name is Glenda and we have two boys, ages 23 and 20. Our oldest boy is married and lives in Ontario with his wife and son. I guess that makes me a Grandpa! Our youngest boy is still at home and starting his 4th year of university in September. I love everything outdoors and spend much of my free time either fishing, hunting or snowmobiling.
I am involved with the Centershot program at our church as an
instructor and Bible Study leader. When I first heard of the opportunity to go to South Africa I prayed about it, and very early on, had a peace and knew that this was
something that God wanted me to do. I know how God has used Centershot at our church, and I am excited to have the opportunity to be used to help grow the Centershot program in South Africa. 


Dwight Tonn
Hi, my name is Dwight Tonn and I am 46 years old. I am from Regina, Saskatchewan in Canada and work as an Advanced Care Paramedic. I have been working in the Emergency Medical Services field for 22 years. Crystelle is my wife and we have been married for 18 years and have two wonderful daughters. Jaelyn Rose, is 15 years old and named after one of the Fab Five from the classic Michigan
Wolverine Basketball years, a team I loved to follow when I was in college. Terrace Faith is 13 years old and named after the town in northern British Columbia, home to the sweetest mountains I have ever seen in my 9 years of tree planting as a summer job.
I have never been to South Africa before and am really excited for this opportunity! Africa has always been a place I have wondered about for a missions trip. Amazingly, this opportunity came up just days after getting home from a missions trip to Hermosillo, Mexico. One night while on that trip I said something like this to my friend Rick. "Someday I would love to return to Mexico, but I would still be interested in going to Africa to see where my heart would be after a trip like that." I had no idea how God would piece this together so quickly and that He would use archery and Centershot to make it happen! It excites me to know that God has a plan for me to use my passion for archery as a tool to reach others in such a far away place, the same way as I can right here at home. I love the way archery can bridge the gap!
One thing that makes me nervous about this trip is leaving behind family and especially my youngest daughter Terrace, who would love to come! Centershot has been instrumental in growing her skills and love for archery. She loves to help teach other kids at our Centershot sessions as well as participate. Not being able to come on this trip is breaking her heart, just as it is mine to not have family along!

A little know fact about me is.....I'm bald! Ok, well that might be as "little known" to those around me as the fact that I love God, family, bowhunting, fishing and Dr.Pepper! I can hardly wait to meet the rest of the team and feel so blessed to have two close friends from our local Centershot team coming along to join in this opportunity! 







No comments:

Post a Comment